- We could keep chilling like ice cream filling, we could be cool in the gang if you'd rather hang.
- How long can I go on like this, wishing to kiss you. Before I rightly explode? This double life I lead isn't healthy for me, in fact in makes me nervous, if I get caught I could be risking it all.
- Wake up everyone, how can you sleep at a time like this? Unless the dreamer is the real you.
- Frank D. Fixer was a handy man. He could handle anything. He was my granddad.
- I wish I was a fixer, I would fix you up inside. I would build you a town if the world fell down. I wish I was that guy.
- I like climbing the mountain. I'm climbing back in the bed. I love making breakfast for someone instead of me. Taking autumn walks in Central Park, they were made for two. Afternoon naps have never felt so crappy. What's missing in my life is you.
- I'm dreaming of your face. I can see your beauty, ten and a half thousand yesterdays. The waning moon illuminates all the secrets I've been keeping, and cast them off of my balcony. I hope you notice that I'm still in love with you. I'm coming over tonight. I hope you notice I was never over you.
- Let's make a list of who we need, and we'll throw it away cause we don't need anyone, no we don't need anyone.
- The First Single (You Know Me)
- I love love, I love being in love, I don't care what it does to me.
- You're dead to me if love is death.
- It's a shame what your father did to your brother's head, he smashed it with the telephone. Your mother got scared and locked the door, you were only four but lord you remember it. Now you're scared of love, I'm here to tell you love is not blood on the receiver. Love is speaking in code, it's an inside joke, love is coming home. Sometimes when sailors are sailing, they think twice about where they're anchoring. I think I should make better use of my time on land. I drink less, because lord knows I could use a warm kiss instead of a cold goodbye. I'm writing the folks back home to tell them "Hey I, Hey I'm doing alright."
- She lays crossed upon the bed we are puzzles making shapes with our hands. I take my finger, turn into a pen. Then I run my hand down your spine, you guess I wrote something profound something like: "our love will last 'til we die" I say "you're good at this game" but what I really wrote is "how I've yet to be saved"
- Why am I scared of people in a room? Why can’t they see a good time, are the people close to you? Why don’t I just give in, have a drink and shake some hands?
- I’m trying to find truth in words and rhymes and notes and, all the things I wish I wrote ‘cause I feel like I’ve been losing you, each night it ends too soon. Uou don’t hold me like you used to, and your eyes look like they’ve seen too much. It’s always some excuse, too tired, too obtuse.
- I scream as loud as anyone but when asked to make a point I tend to whisper.
- Even though she moved away we always get calls from our daughter, she has eyes just like her fathers;they are blue when skies are grey. Just like him she never stops, never takes the day for granted, works for everthing thats handed to her and never once complains.
- You hate your pulse because it thinks you're still alive, and everything is wrong. It just gets so hard sometimes, but be calm.
- One more thing, I keep having this dream. Where I’m standing on a mountain looking down on the street, and I can hear kids in low-income housing singing “We’re through causing a scene”. Well I don’t know what it means, but I, too, I’m through with causing a scene.
- I’m scared that everyone is out to get me. These days before you speak to me, you pause. I always see you looking out your window, after all you lost your band, you left your mom.
- I’ve come to find that I can’t be defined.
- Oh, California in the summer and my hair is growing long. Fuck yeah, we can live like this.
- I wake up to find its another four aspirin morning, and I dive in. I put on the same clothes I wore yesterday; when did society decide that we have to change wash a t-shirt after every individual use? If it's not dirty, I'm gonna wear it. I take the stairs to car and there's fog on the windows. I need caffeine in my bloodstream. I take caffeine in my bloodstream. I grip the wheel, and all at once I realize, my life has become a boring pop song and everyone's singing along.
DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE
- Our youth is fleeting, old age is just around the bend and I can't wait to go gray. And I'll sit and wonder of every love that could've been if I'd only thought of something charming to say.
- You're absent-mindedly making me want you.
- Your sweet disposition, my wide eyed gaze, we're singing in the car again and lost upstate; Autumn leaves falling down like pieces into place, and I cane picture it after all these days.
- There we are again in the middle of the night, dancing around the kitchen in the middle of the night.
- You call me up again just to break me like a promise, so casually cruel in the name of being honest. I'm a crumbled up piece of paper lying here cause I remember it all too well.
- I do remember the swing in your step. The life of the party, you're showing off again.
- We are alone just you and me. Up in your room and our slates are clean. Just twin fire signs, four blue eyes
- This is a state of grace. This is the worth while fight. Love is a ruthless game unless you play it good and right.
- Put your lips close to mine, as long as they don't touch. Out of focus, eye to eye, 'til the gravity's too much. And I'll do anything you say if you say it with your hands. And I'd be smart to walk away, but you're quick sand.
- Tonight I'm gonna dance for all that we've been through. But I don't wanna dance if I'm not dancing with you. Tonight I'm gonna dance like you were in this room. But I don't wanna dance if I'm not dancing with you.
- Now I'm standing alone in a crowded room and we're not speaking. And I'm dying to know, is it killing you like it's killing me? I don't know what to say since the twist of fate when it all broke down, but the story of us looks a lot like a tragedy now.
- Please don't be in love with someone else. Please don't have somebody waiting on you.
- Time is taking its sweet time erasing you. And you've got your demons and darling they all look like me.
- This is falling in love in the cruelest way. This is falling for you when you are worlds away. And this is when the feeling sinks in; I don't want to miss you like this.
- I took your matches before fire could catch me so don't look now. I'm shining like fireworks over your sad empty town.
- He's the only one who's got enough of me to break my heart.
- She tells him that she believes in living bigger than she's living now, but her world keeps spinning backwards and upside down.
- Stars looking at a planet, watching entropy and pain. And maybe start to wonder how the chaos in our lives could pass as sane.
- Coming home from a month away, empty cabinets and bed. What if there's love in this house again? Let the light shine from the window and onto my head.
- You and I both are nothing but thieves, we take what we want when we need. I had a chance for a better life, but all that I've known is to run, run, run like a devil in disguise; like a bullet, a bullet, a bullet into the night. We are the last generation of hope, and I wouldn't mind if together we died alone.
- Cooked up a plan to move on, cooked up a reason to run.
- The Speedway Motor Racer's Club
THE COUNTING CROWS
- All this love melting under blue skies belting out sunlight, shimmering love.
- He came out of the blue, went right back into it.
- The World Should Revolve Around Me
- If I had eyes in the back of my head, I would have told you that you looked good as I walked away.
- Love is the answer, at least to most of the question of my hear. Like why are we here? Where do we go? And how come it's so hard?
SIMON AND GARFUNKEL
- Jubilation, she loves me again, I fall on the floor and I'm laughing.
HER SPACE HOLIDAY
- Oh I miss you so very much, So much in fact I gotta call you up, It’s not that I have news to bringI just wanna make your telephone ring, So it shows, And you know ,In a week when I fly back home, We’re gonna jump in bed and be all alone, You’ll make biscuits and I’ll make tea, We’ll curl up close and then fall asleep to the sound, Of no one else, No else around
- Maybe I'll never die I'll just keeping growing younger with you. And you'll grow younger too, now it seems to lovely to be true. But the best things always do.
- Wraith Pined to the Mist and Other Games
WALK THE MOON
- Screen falling off the door, door hanging off the hinges, my feet are still sore, my back is on the fringes//Fire-crackers in the east my car parked south, Your hands on my cheeks, your shoulder in my mouth...We rattle this town, we rattle this scene.
- My eyes are on the road, but my mind is on your body. My hand is on the stick shift, and your hand is on my hand.
- When my baby is a mess my baby is a dancing queen. When my baby wears a dress it's like she's not even a human being.
NOAH & THE WHALE
- Just a silhouette against the rising sun. Watch the water, watch the sky, count the days as they go by, I'm just waiting for my chance to come.
- Waiting for A Chance To Come
- The night outside is five below, his heart is pumping blood. On his lips a perfect smile, his eyes begin to flood.
- Tonight's the Kind of Night
- Tell her that she turns my cheeks the color of my hair.
- I found your hairband on my bedroom floor, the only evidence that you'd been here before. And I don't get waves of missing you anymore. They're more like tsunami tides in my eyes.
- Pain is only relevant if it still hurts.
- Settle down with me, cover me up, cuddle me in. Lie down with me and hold me in your arms. Your heart's against my chest, lips pressed to my neck. I'm falling for your eyes but they don't know me yet. With this feeling I forget, I"m in love now. Kiss me like you wanna be loved, this feels like falling in love.
- When I see my friends all they say is "Hold up!" and "remember the time when we were in school listening to grown ups. Didn't learn a thing, but then again you know what? You know how to sing. But you don't know anything other than that so maybe you should learn to love her like the way you wanna be loved."
- Give me love like never before, cause lately I've been craving more. And it's been awhile but I still feel the same. Maybe I should let you go. You know I'll fight my corner and maybe tonight I'll call ya, after my blood turns into alcohol.
- See I could do without a tan on my left hand where my fourth finger meets my knuckle.
- Tell me your secrets, Give me a friend, Let all the good times flood in, Do I love you? Do I hate you? I can’t make up my mind. So let’s free fall, see where we land.
- She's just like paperwork, but harder to read.
- Made of clay, you shoot me down. I ricochet to the ground.
- She's like cold coffee in the morning. I'm drunk off last nights whisky and coke. She makes me shiver without warning, and makes me laugh as if I'm in on the joke.
- Born to multiply, born to gaze into night skies, all you want's one more Saturday. Well look here until then...'til the day you come in doing cartwheels.
- I don't gamble. But if I did I would bet on us.
MUMFORD AND SONGS
- A white blank page and a swelling rage. You did not think when you sent me to the brink. You desired my attention but denied my affection. So tell me now where was my fault in loving you with all my heart?
- Everything is going wrong but we're so happy.
aug 15 2010 ∞
sep 1 2013 +