Some day I would like to visit all the Presidential Libraries, starting with those administered by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) and then other not-so-official ones.
The NARA List:
- Herbert Hoover, West Branch, IA.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt, Hyde Park, NY.
- Harry S. Truman, Independence, MO.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower, Abiline, KS.
- John F. Kennedy, Dorchester, MA.
- Lyndon B. Johnson, Austin, TX.
- Richard M. Nixon, Yorba Linda, CA.
- Gerald R. Ford,Grand Rapids, MI & Ann Arbor MI (Curious trivia: one institution, but the library and the museum are in separate locations).
- Jimmy Carter,Atlanta, GA.
- Ronald Reagan,Simi Valley, CA.
- ✔ George H.W. Bush, College Station, TX.
- ✔ William J. Clinton, Little Rock, AR.
- George W. Bush, University Park, TX (Southern Methodist U. campus, still under construction)
Other Presidential Libraries not administered by NARA:
- John Quincy Adams, Quincy, MA. Operated by the National Park Service. Part of the Adams National Historical Park.
- Abraham Lincoln, Springfield, IL. Operated by the State of Illinois.
- Rutherford B. Hayes, Fremont, OH. Operated by the Ohio Historical Society & Hayes Presidential Center, Inc.
- William McKinley, Canton, OH. Operated by the Stark County Historical Society.
- ✔ Woodrow Wilson, Staunton, VA. Operated by the Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library Foundation.
- Calvin Coolidge, Northampton, MA. Operated by the Forbes Library.