- Star Wars (yes, all of them)
- Back to the Future
- The Karate Kid
- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- Shawshank Redemption
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
- Dawn of the Dead
- Lord of the Rings (all of them)
- Harry Potter (all of them)
- The Godfather (all of them)
- Saving Private Ryan
- Mulholland Drive
- Terminator (all of them)
- Rocky (all of them)
feb 25 2009 ∞
dec 2 2009 +
I love traveling, and I love people watching in airports, but I am not a fan of actually flying. Not one bit.
- Airplanes simply were not designed for tall people... so uncomfortable
- ... because of the above, I am incapable of sleeping on planes
- Screaming babies. Oh my god. Seriously people, they make sedatives for a reason.
- Coughing, sniffling, itching people.
- Strangers who really do not get the hint that are you not interested in talking to them about meaningless crap for the entirety of your flight.
- Stupid peanuts.
- That damned curtain they insist on closing to separate first class and coach.
- I'm always cold on planes, no matter what...
apr 29 2009 ∞
apr 29 2009 +
mar 26 2009 ∞
oct 28 2009 +
feb 11 2009 ∞
feb 11 2009 +
sep 21 2008 ∞
sep 25 2008 +
aug 26 2008 ∞
aug 26 2008 +
Oh, CL, how I love thee...
jan 21 2008 ∞
jan 24 2009 +
(observations by me, the safe bicyclist.) this makes me crazy, honestly.
- talking on cell phone
- text messaging
- holding hands with another bicyclist
- eating a smoothie with a spoon
- reading a map
- carrying a television in one arm
- taking off a sweatshirt
- "walking" a dog
- drinking a 40 of Mickey's
- riding the wrong direction, in the middle of the road, while carrying a chainsaw like a jousting pole (yes, seriously... this happened 09/21/08)
- engaging in ethusiastic conversation... in sign language
mar 5 2008 ∞
aug 26 2009 +
mar 25 2008 ∞
mar 25 2008 +
jan 29 2008 ∞
jan 29 2008 +
Oo-de-lally, oo-de-lally, golly what a day...
- Marry Poppins
- Robin Hood (animated)
- Alice in Wonderland
- Flight of the Navigator
- The Lion King
- Bedknobs and Broomsticks
- Pete's Dragon
- One Magic Christmas
- The Jungle Book
- Peter Pan
- The Fox and the Hound
- White Fang
- Return to Oz
- Swiss Fammily Robinson
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Finding Nemo
- The Mighty Ducks
- Cool Runnings
dec 22 2007 ∞
jan 8 2008 +
- the ancient soda machine, always fully stocked with RC Cola
- 75 cent Wednesdays!
- screaming children... always, screaming children
- standing with my butt against the glass on the warm dryer door
- disco music, all the time
- constant supply of Klondike bars, only 60 cents
- little kid underwear
- the sad old man who works there and looks like a redneck version of Iggy Pop
- the Christmas stockings hung on the wall... and they're made from Wrangler jeans...
- fun magazines (Country Living from 1992, anyone?)
- "superwash" for only a quarter more!
- tacky, fake ferns- hanging everywhere
- always getting more quarters than necessa...
dec 13 2007 ∞
aug 26 2008 +
- The Way You Make Me Feel , The Music of Matan
- Billie Jean , Chris Cornell
- Black or White , Ina-T
- Rock With You , Ben Deignan
- Want You Back , KT Tunstall
- Heal the World , Irma
- Beat It , Fall Out Boy
jun 27 2009 ∞
jun 27 2009 +
may 6 2009 ∞
sep 12 2009 +
- acoustic music, archaeology, airports, Albuquerque, accents, artists
- billards, beaches, beards, board games, beer, bumper stickers, bare feet, books
- campfires, climbing, cotton, cacti, chai tea, candles, cocoa butter, costumes
- down comforters, driving, dusk, dog parks, drive-in theatres, dirt roads
- eye contact, email, eggplant, earrings, eyelashes, Ethiopian food, edamame
- fish tacos, fondue, fireplaces, flirting, fist bumps, freckles, frisbee, french braids, first dates, fossils, fingerless gloves
- green, glass bottles, guitar, Grand Canyon, goretex
- hammocks, hugs, hiking, Halloween, handwriting, hummus, hatchbacks
- ice cream, independent films, intellect, improvisation
- jazz, jukeboxes, jumbalaya, Journey, jeep...
jan 18 2009 ∞
apr 29 2009 +
I'm guilty of many of these... [http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/full-lis...]
- #6 organic food
- #8 Barack Obama
- #10 Wes Anderson movies
- #13 tea
- #19 traveling
- #23 microbreweries
- #24 wine
- #35 The Daily Show/Colbert Report
- #42 sushi
- #44 public radio
- #50 irony
- #53 dogs
- #64 recycling
- #65 co-ed sports
- #81 graduate school
- #83 bad memories of high school
- #87 outdoor performance clothes
- #88 having gay friends
- #90 dinner parties
- #93 music piracy
aug 26 2008 ∞
jun 15 2009 +
- Have long hair. No short old-lady style for me.
- Still work, and still enjoy it. When you love what you do, you never need to retire.
- I will have dogs. I will always have dogs.
- Maybe I'll have a family, and maybe I won't. I'm not worried about that part.
- Be completely self-sufficient in every way.
- Drive like a normal person, not like an old lady.
- Drink beer.
- Go to see live music.
- Wear jeans. Why don't old ladies ever wear jeans?!
- I will never quilt, knit, or cross-stitch. No way.
- Go on hikes to amazing places.
jan 1 2008 ∞
oct 31 2008 +
because really, silliness and curiousity are key.
- play bingo in a trashy bingo parlor
- have a psychic reading
- xerox your butt
- throw a pie in someone's face
- skinny dip
- ride a motorized bull at a bar
- get buried up to your neck in sand, on the beach
- make silly faces in a photo booth
- use a cheesy pick-up line on a stranger
- build a makeshift fort
- tie-dye your own tshirt
- explore an "Adult Novelty" store
- throw a bottle of laundry detergent into an outdoor fountain (the bio-friendly kind, people!)
- attend a drag queen beauty pageant
- have a snowball fight
- mud wrestle, in the rain
dec 9 2007 ∞
nov 6 2008 +
Mostly because they are terrible, but also because they're damn obnoxious.
- Kirstie Alley .. could any person be more whiny and annoying?
- David Spade. Not Funny.
- Joan Rivers. Ouch.
- Nicole Richie (some people don't deserve to be famous)
- Tim Allen: Home Improvement was possibly the worst TV show ever.
- Bjork , for many reasons.
- Tyra Banks. She defines the term superfreak, and not in a good way.
- Kathy Griffin ... makes me want to scream.
- Carrot Top. Do I even need to say anything here?!
- Tom Green ... his poor parents.
- the guy from 'Jackass' - hell, all of them.
- Keanu Reeves (duhhh...)
- Donald Trump: probably don't need to explain this either.
- Cameron Diaz: Just a bad actress, really. Always sound...
dec 17 2007 ∞
jun 15 2009 +
- Almost Famous
- American Beauty
- Angels in America
- Bad(der) Santa
- Being John Malkovich
- Better Off Dead
- The Big Lebowski
- Black Snake Moan
- Brokeback Mountain
- Burn After Reading
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- A Christmas Story
- The Darjeeling Limited
- Donnie Darko
- Edward Scissorhands
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
nov 15 2007 ∞
sep 12 2009 +